AI: Community of Practice
CUIT is proud to announce the launch of a new initiative: AI: Community of Practice. This is designed to provide technical support to researchers across all disciplines, schools, and campuses who are engaged in the field of machine learning and artificial intelligence. This group will hold training sessions and provide seed funding, computational resources, and storage to facilitate research in this field. Requests for support/funding may be submitted on a rolling basis and awarded projects will be funded at the level of up to $20,000.
Our services are tailored to assist researchers in the early stages of their investigations and include:
- Data services such as storage and computation
- Model development, training, and evaluation
- Model deployment and implementation
Proposal Submission and Requirements
Requests for support/funding should include:
- Cover Sheet: name, position title, title of the project, description, department, and school information.
- Proposal: No more than five pages with the following
- Desired outcomes - If this has a measured outcome, please provide details
- Budget and justification
- Full-time Columbia researchers may only apply for this grant
Funded projects are expected to submit a progress update and summary report. A budget sheet with details should also be submitted. Awardees may be required to present their projects at events and the work may be highlighted on internal Columbia and external websites.
Proposals may be submitted to the InfoReady platform.
We encourage those who are interested in scheduling a consultation before writing and submitting your proposal. To schedule a consultation, please contact [email protected].