Emerging Technology Research Grant
Emerging Technologies at CUIT invites full-time Columbia researchers to submit proposals for experimentation and innovative use of emerging technologies in their research. These technologies include (but are not limited to) 3D printing/scanning, AR/VR, AI, Machine learning and drones. Submissions can be made on a rolling basis and awarded projects will be funded at the level of up to $20,000.
Proposal Submission and Requirements
Request for proposal should include:
- Cover Sheet: name, position title, title of the project, description, department, and school information.
- Proposal: No more than five pages with the following;
- Desired outcomes - If this has a measured outcome, please provide details
- Budget and justification
- Emerging Technology Grants are open to full-time researchers only.
- Non-consecutive awards
- This eligibility policy aims to ensure fairness, broaden the distribution of resources, and maximize the impact of our grant program by limiting consecutive awards to the same applicant. This policy aims to encourage a diverse range of applicants and projects.
- An applicant awarded the grant in the previous funding cycle will not be eligible for consecutive awards.
- Waiting period
- The waiting period is calculated from the end of the funded project or the last disbursement date, whichever is later. To be eligible for a subsequent grant, the applicant must observe a waiting period of 2-3 years from the date of the previous award.
- Example: If an applicant received a grant in the 2022 funding cycle, they will not be eligible for the 2023 and 2024 funding cycles. They can reapply in the 2025 funding cycle, following the waiting period.
Funded projects are expected to submit a progress update and summary report. A budget sheet with details should also be submitted. Awardees may be required to present their projects at events and the work may be highlighted on internal Columbia and external websites.
Proposals may be submitted to the InfoReady platform.
We encourage those who are interested in scheduling a consultation before writing and submitting your proposal. To schedule a consultation, please contact [email protected].
In partnership with: